A business cannot grow and thrive without employees, but employees present some very unique challenges for business owners. Regardless of where you are in the growth of your business, working with an experienced employment law attorney proactively can save you significant amounts of time and money when it comes to dealing with employees.
At General Legal Counsel we don’t want you to hide from us and then only call us when you have a problem. We want to be your trusted business advisors, so that we can help your business grow in ways you’ve only imagined.
Forward Thinking Employment Law Representation
At GLC we offer employment law services to business clients on a variety of issues, including:
- Advice and assistance regarding employment contracts and compensation
- Support with issues of employee classification
- Preparation and review of employee handbooks and personnel policies
- Assistance with employee termination including preparation of release/separation agreements and severance agreements
- Oversight of non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements
- Assistance with non-compete agreements to protect intellectual property
- Advice on preserving the at-will nature of employment
- Guidance related to employee disputes and disciplinary matters
- Drafting training for employees regarding disciplinary policies, investigations and harassment
- Preparation, advice or review of performance review programs
Employment Law Experience You Can Count On
As in-house counsel for a fast growing company of more than 18,000 employees, GLC’s Joseph Freschi learned how to balance risk with business objectives and provide solutions. He offered counseling on most every aspect of employment law including employee policies and handbooks, employee wrongdoing investigations, discipline matters and auditing. He also managed outside counsel that defended the company against employment lawsuits ensuring effective and cost effective representation.
Additionally, as a business owner himself, Joseph understands the frustrations employers may face when managing employment matters and human resources compliance. At GLC we understand that you started your business to share your talents with a larger community or take advantage of an unbeatable opportunity, you did not start your business to manage people of worry about employee related headaches.
At GLC we want to be your trusted business advisors, we want to handle the employee challenges so that you are free to focus on growing your business. Call us today at (925) 558-2786 to experience the GLC difference and see how our flat fee billing structure can help you control your legal costs while building a strong and stable employment environment.