General Counsel Services
Many of our clients come to us because they cannot afford to hire full-time in-house counsel but still need ongoing legal advice related to operations, human resources and customer relationships. And many say the old analogy about big companies is true when it comes to large law firms: Big ships don’t turn on a dime.
When you need a high level of involvement from someone with years of business legal experience, the last thing you want is for the attorney you hired to pass your case off to a paralegal who doesn’t understand your business or its goals. At GLC, we don’t answer to a bureaucracy of legal partners who tell us which clients require our attention. We answer to you and our attention is all yours.
GLC fills the gap left when in-house counsel remains unaffordable and other outside counsel do not focus on solutions, but rather tell you all the reasons you can’t do something – and then bill you for it. We get to know our clients, their businesses and the factors influencing their situations. Then, we become the next best thing to in-house counsel – serving as actively involved partners in your business decisions, compliance challenges and other legal matters.
Flat Fee General Counsel Service
During the early fast-growing phase of a new business, you might need legal advice every week, maybe even every day. That’s why we offer a flat fee general counsel service. You gain regular access to the legal advice you need and enjoy a predictable flat fee.
As attorneys with business ownership experience, we understand the stress of working under limited cash flow. The last thing we want to do is strain your resources further. By negotiating billing agreements to fit your financial situation, we can offer the legal services your business’ growth demands without hogging the financial resources you need to keep growing.
Areas of Practice in Which GLC Can Assist You
We may not be on the same floor or even in the same building with you, but we’re there when you need us. Call us if you need general counsel service in any of these practice areas:
- New business and entity formation
- Corporate books and records
- Standardized forms
- Contract drafting, review and management
- Advice on the legal aspects or impacts of strategic business decisions
- Employment issues, from drafting policies and manuals to handling pre-litigation employment disputes
- Franchise and distribution advice and management
- Commercial real estate matters such as lease review
- M&A or business buy/sell issues
- Marketing, sales and promotional advice
- Trademark & Copyright protection advice and management
- Legal seminars/training for company employees
- Risk Management and Analysis
- Litigation Management